Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- Proposed Fish Habitat Areas - Central Queensland
Have your say in the second round of consultation for Fish Habitat Area proposals at Leekes Creek (Great Keppel Island), Calliope River (near Gladstone) and expansion of the Fitzroy River declared Fish Habitat Area
- Round 4 of Get Going Clubs and Get Playing Places and Spaces funding announced.
More than $16 million will be provided to Queensland clubs and local governments to support grassroots sport and recreation.
- Tracking towards sustainability and country racing program
The Tracking Towards Sustainability plan sets out actions to return Racing Queensland back to operating surplus, while the Country Racing Support Program outlines a new funding initiative to build capacity in country racing.
- Queensland Government response
The Queensland Government has delivered its response to the recommendations made by the Queensland Greyhound Racing Industry Commission of Inquiry.
- Camping at Inskip Peninsula
Camping at Inskip Peninsula is looking great for the summer holidays, with plenty of capacity, even after camping area changes due to a near-shore landslide in September.
- Road 2 Rio—Follow our athletes on their journey to the 2016 Olympic Games
The countdown is on to the 2016 Olympic games in Rio. Follow our athletes on their journey to the games.
- Share your Passion for Parks
We need your help to show the world how special our national parks are.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
- For athletes
- Kids and young people
- For clubs and organisations
- Help with writing your funding application
- ANZAC spirit
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks
- Share your passion for parks