Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- Budget highlights 2016–17
The 2016–17 State Budget provides funding for a range of NPSR programs and services. Read more about the department’s Budget highlights.
- Join the Movement
Join the Movement to encourage more women and girls to get active for life.
- Marine Turtle Field Guide
New marine turtle field guide now available.
- QPWS Industry Placement Program
Applications are now open for the QPWS Industry Placement Program.
- We're one of Australia's Top 10 graduate employers
We’ve been voted one of Australia’s Top 10 best places to work for new graduates entering the workforce. Find out more about our Greater Graduate Program!
- Rules change in Bowling Green Bay to help dugongs
The Queensland Government has extended the current netting restrictions in Bowling Green Bay to also cover intertidal areas (from low water to the high water mark). These changes complement Commonwealth Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority measures to protect dugongs.
- Road 2 Rio—Follow our athletes on their journey to the 2016 Olympic Games
The countdown is on to the 2016 Olympic games in Rio. Follow our athletes on their journey to the games.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
- For athletes
- Kids and young people
- For clubs and organisations
- Help with writing your funding application
- ANZAC spirit
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks
- Wi-Fi hotspots
- Share your passion for parks
- Declared fish habitat areas
- Management plans and strategies
- Joint management of Cape York Peninsula national parks
- Nature Conservation Act 1992 amendment FAQ
- Commercial activities
- Fire management
- Myrtle Rust
- Pest plants and animals
- Park Profiles and Performance Assessment
- Proposed North Harbour development
- Harvesting native timber on State forests
- Community survey