Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing
- Our 10 year Master Plan for Queensland's parks and forests
To assist in the effective management of our natural areas, QPWS has developed a Master Plan: A Master Plan for Queensland's Parks and Forests. This plan was released in October 2014 and outlines the direction for the management of all protected areas and State forests in Queensland for the next 10 years.
- NPRSR Annual Report 2013-14
The NPRSR Annual Report 2013–14 details the financial and non-financial performance of the department.
- Expression of interests for proposed Walkabout Creek Activity Centre
Suitably experienced individuals and organisations can submit their ideas and proposals for the development of privately owned, low-impact, purpose-built ecotourism infrastructure at Walkabout Creek, adjacent to D’Aguilar National Park.
- Nest to Ocean Turtle Protection Program
This new program will improve turtle nest success through predator control.
- Declared Fish Habitat Area proposals-Central Queensland
Consultation is underway on the proposed declaration of two new and one extended Fish Habitat Area in Central Queensland.
- Looking for an affordable weekend getaway with family and friends?
Gold Coast Recreation Centre is now offering weekend accommodation for families looking for an affordable getaway.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks