Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- Draft Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2015–2020
The draft Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2015–2020 promotes a fresh approach to ecotourism—open now for public consultation.
- NPSR Annual Report 2014–15
The NPSR Annual Report 2014–15 is now available. Read more about the department’s financial and non-financial performance.
- Ranger field guide—Native plants of Glass House Mountains National Park
A new ranger field guide—Native plants of Glass House Mountains National Park—is on sale now. Obtain a copy and learn more about the park's diverse plants.
- Gateway visitor centre upgrades
The Queensland Government is investing $4.13 million in our three iconic gateway visitor centres—David Fleay Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast, Walkabout Creek at The Gap, and Mon Repos Turtle Centre near Bundaberg.
- Get Playing Plus
Get Playing Plus is now open for registrations of interest to develop new and improved Queensland places and spaces.
- Tracking to sustainability: the future of racing in Queensland
Have your say on the Racing reforms in Queensland discussion paper.
- Road 2 Rio—Follow our athletes on their journey to the 2016 Olympic Games
The countdown is on to the 2016 Olympic games in Rio. Follow our athletes on their journey to the games.
- Share your Passion for Parks
We need your help to show the world how special our national parks are.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
- For athletes
- Kids and young people
- For clubs and organisations
- Help with writing your funding application
- ANZAC spirit
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks
- Share your passion for parks