Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- Young Athletes Travel Subsidy
The Young Athletes Travel Subsidy opened on the 1 July 2015. Young athletes and officials who attend state, national and international championships are set to receive better financial assistance under a revised state government program.
- Share your Passion for Parks
We need your help to show the world how special our national parks are.
- Have your say on Lady Musgrave Island Reef's site management arrangements
The Draft Lady Musgrave Reef Site Management Arrangements is available for comment.
- Currawinya protected areas to more than double in size
Queensland’s protected area estate at Currawinya, south-west of Cunnamulla on the Queensland/New South Wales border, is set to more than double in size, following the acquisiton of three adjacent properties.
- Have your say on the future of Queensland's declared Fish Habitat Area Network
The Draft Declared Fish Habitat Area (FHA) Network Strategy 2015-2020 is available for comment.
- Review into the regulation of the Queensland Greyhound Racing Industry
The Systems Review into the regulation of the Queensland Greyhound Racing Industry is tasked with investigating the regulation of, and making recommendations to, strengthen and improve the integrity and public confidence in the industry.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
- For athletes
- Kids and young people
- For clubs and organisations
- Help with writing your funding application
- ANZAC spirit
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks
- Share your passion for parks