Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- NPSR Annual Report 2015–16
The NPSR Annual Report 2015–16 is now available. Read more about the department’s financial and non-financial performance.
- Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-2020
The Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-2020 presents a fresh approach to ecotourism and delivers a new promise to Queensland’s visitors.
- Smoking restrictions in National Parks
Smoking will be restricted in national parks from 1 February 2017
- NPSR Strategic Plan 2016–2020
The NPSR Strategic Plan 2016–2020 is now available. Read more about the department’s vision, strategies and performance indicators.
- Marine Turtle Field Guide
New marine turtle field guide now available.
- We're one of Australia's Top 10 graduate employers
We’ve been voted one of Australia’s Top 10 best places to work for new graduates entering the workforce. Find out more about our Greater Graduate Program!
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
- For athletes
- Kids and young people
- For clubs and organisations
- Help with writing your funding application
- ANZAC spirit
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks
- Wi-Fi hotspots
- Share your passion for parks
- Consultation and notices
- Adaptive management framework
- Grazing on QPWS estate
- Declared fish habitat areas
- Park management planning
- Joint management of Cape York Peninsula national parks
- Nature Conservation Act 1992 amendment FAQ
- Commercial activities
- Fire management
- Myrtle Rust
- Pest plants and animals
- Proposed North Harbour development
- Harvesting native timber on State forests
- Community survey