Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing
- Proposed amendments to the Nature Conservation Act 1992
The Nature Conservation and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2015 was introduced into Queensland Parliament on 27 October 2015.
- Get Out, Get Active Round 2 funding announced
Almost $450,000 will be provided to Queensland local governments for women's and girls’ sport and recreation projects.
- Gateway visitor centre upgrades
The Queensland Government is investing $4.13 million in our three iconic gateway visitor centres—David Fleay Wildlife Park on the Gold Coast, Walkabout Creek at The Gap, and Mon Repos Turtle Centre near Bundaberg.
- Road 2 Rio—Follow our athletes on their journey to the 2016 Olympic Games
The countdown is on to the 2016 Olympic games in Rio. Follow our athletes on their journey to the games.
- Share your Passion for Parks
We need your help to show the world how special our national parks are.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.
- For athletes
- Kids and young people
- For clubs and organisations
- Help with writing your funding application
- ANZAC spirit
- Connect with Nature
- Four-wheel driving
- Horse riding
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Off the beaten track
- Trail-bike riding
- Adventure recreation
- Family and friends
- Reef activities
- Wildlife encounters
- Caring for parks and forests
- Safety in parks and forests
- Events in national parks
- Share your passion for parks