Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing
- Some parks and reserves in far north Queensland are closed
Some parks and reserves in far north Queensland remain temporarily closed due to damage sustained by Tropical Cyclone Ita.
- Friends of Parks coordinators
Four external organisations with experience in running volunteering programs have been contracted to deliver expanded volunteer programs in Queensland parks.
- Sport and Recreation on Facebook
Have you heard the great news? Sport and Recreation now has a Facebook page! Jump online and ‘like’ our page so you can keep up to date with what’s new in the world of sport and active recreation.
- New protected area tenure structure takes effect
Changes to the protected area tenure structure under the Nature Conservation Act 1992 have commenced.
- Publication of Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2013–2020 Six Month Report
View the six-month report on major achievements made since the release of the Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2013–2020 in August 2013.
- Nature Play Queensland… coming soon
It’s time to shift from screen time to green time and make playing outdoors and exploring your backyard, your local parks and national parks a bigger part of your everyday life.
- Looking for an affordable weekend getaway with family and friends?
Tallebudgera Active Recreation Centre is now offering weekend accommodation for families looking for an affordable Gold Coast getaway.
- Rumble in the Rainforest 25–27 April 2014
Be a part of the high energy celebration of mountain biking at the second round of the 2014 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup at Smithfield Regional Park. The family friendly festival atmosphere will feature the thrills and adrenalin of the downhill event, combined with the high performance athleticism of the Olympic and eliminator categories.
- The Daily Physical Activity Guide has gone mobile
The Daily Physical Activity Guide is now available to download as an application on your iPhone.
Parks and forests are wild places with hidden dangers for the unwary visitor. It is vital to pay close attention to signs that warn of local dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe and have an enjoyable visit. View the current park alerts.