Get Going - Funding to help clubs grow
What is Get Going?
The first round of this funding program is now closed
Get Going is one of three funding programs that comprise the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative to support sport and recreation at the grassroots level.
Get Going provides funding to support not-for-profit local sport and recreation organisations for projects that create opportunities for more Queenslanders to become members.
The program will open once per year over the next three years. The important dates for this round of the program are:
15 August 2013
15 October 2013
What funding is available?
Organisations are eligible for funding up to a maximum of $10,000 (GST exclusive).
Who can apply?
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- Queensland not-for-profit sport and recreation organisations and not-for-profit community organisations (whose primary objective is sport or recreation) incorporated under the:
- Associations Incorporation Act 1981 (Qld)
- Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- Cooperatives Act 2002 (Cwlth)
- incorporated university sports clubs.
Organisations must also:
- be compliant with the Office of Fair Trading
- have met all obligations for projects currently funded by the department.
If your club provides sport and recreation activities to children and young people from the age of five and under the age of 18 it must be separately registered under the companion program Get Started.
Need more information?
For further information on the funding program, contact your nearest Sport and Recreation Services Office.
* Requires Adobe Reader