Information for parents, guardians and carers
Round 5 vouchers are now fully allocated. Vouchers must be presented to a registered club prior to 11 May 2015.
- Who can apply for a Get Started voucher?
- New process for using referral agents
- How will I know if my application is successful?
- Where can I present the voucher?
- New activity supported
Who can apply for a Get Started voucher?
Children and young people from the age of five and under the age of 18 who are residents of Queensland and:
- hold or whose parent, guardian or carer holds a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- Other children or young people identified by two referral agents.
You must be the parent, guardian or carer of the child/young person you are applying for.
If a child is eligible for Get Started, they are not guaranteed a voucher. The funding will be distributed in two rounds each year on a first come, first served basis. Once the allocation for each round is exhausted, the program will close and no further vouchers will be offered for that round.
*The eligibility criteria are applied at the time of application.
New process for using referral agents
A completed fact sheet or a signed referral agent statement in the form of an email or letter on letterhead is now also required as part of the application process for those using referral agents. For more details, please view the Fact sheet for parents, guardians and carers.
How will I know if my application is successful?
If you are eligible, a voucher with a unique reference number will be generated on the final screen of your application. After you click ‘Submit’, wait for the next page to appear, which should be your voucher. The voucher will also be emailed to the email address you used to register. If you are still unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will then need to take the voucher to a club registered for Get Started to help pay for the membership and/or participation fees for the club.
Where can I present the voucher?
- Before applying for a voucher, you should confirm that the club your child is interested in joining is registered for Get Started. You can find a Get Started club by checking the club locator.
- You are encouraged to discuss membership and/or participation with the club your child is interested in joining to find out about any additional costs, times for training/playing and other club membership requirements.
- If you are successful in applying, print the Get Started voucher and take it to a registered club prior to the voucher expiry date. In return, you should receive up to $150 off the cost of membership and/or participation fees for the child or young person named on the voucher.
- You will still be required to complete and comply with the sport or recreation club's membership and/or participation process. Receiving a voucher does not ensure that membership will be accepted by a club.
New activity supported
Under the Start Playing, Stay Playing strategy, parents, guardians and carers can use a Get Started voucher for dance activities at the following organisations registered for the program:
- Police Citizen Youth Clubs (PCYCs)
- organisations affiliated to Queensland Gymnastics Association Inc, DanceSport Limited Australia and DrillDance Queensland
- organisations that satisfy the criteria through the provision of other eligible sport or recreation activities, e.g. calisthenics, marching, cheerleading or gymnastics.
* Requires Adobe Reader