Barnard Island Group National Park
Facilities and activities
The islands of Barnard Island Group National Park, Queensland. Photo: D.Honchin. © Commonwealth of Australia (GBRMPA).
Welcome to the Barnard Island Group, traditional 'sea country' of the local Mamu Aboriginal people.
From 5 to 10 km offshore, 90 km south of Cairns in the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
The islands feature outstanding rock formations and diverse landforms including shallow reefs, sand spits, beaches and dense rainforest-clad slopes. They also host important seabird rookeries.
- Barnard Islands map
- Great Barrier Reef zoning information and maps
- Fishing bag and size limits
- Wet tropics coast Cardwell to Cairns national parks visitor guide
- Barnard Island Group National Park Management Plan
- Sisters Island restricted access area notice
- Stephens Island restricted access area notice
- Species lists