Blackdown's only camping area is 8 km from the park entrance at Munall campground.
- Camping permits are required and fees apply.
- No self registration available.
- Bookings are essential.
- A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your camp site.
Munall campground can be reached by conventional vehicle, but access is not suitable for caravans and heavy trailers.
Location: 8 km beyond the park entrance shelter.
Access: Most of the park is accessible to 2WD vehicles, but 4WD vehicles are required for the Loop Road.
- The park's roads are steep and winding.
- Roads are not suitable for heavy trailers and caravans.
- Loop Road may be closed in wet weather.
- Always check Park alerts before heading off.
Number of sites: 16 numbered sites. Maximum of 6 people per site.
Camp sites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car, (small) motor homes and vans. Sites 1, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 12 are suitable for tent camping only.
Camp site surface: Dirt.
Facilities: Composting toilets, log seats, individual fire rings.
Open fires: Allowed only in QPWS-provided fire rings, except when fire prohibitions or fire bans are in place).
Generators: Not permitted.
Essentials to bring: Drinking water, rubbish bags, insect repellent, clean, untreated firewood such as mill off-cuts (often available at Dingo).
Also see: Things to know before you go for more details.
Mobile phone coverage: Unavailable at campground. Some coverage at Yaddamen Dhina lookout.
* Requires Adobe Reader