Broadwater, Abergowrie State Forest
- Changes to camping bookings
On-site self-registration is no longer available. Campers must obtain an e-camping permit and pay their camping fees before arriving at the camping area. Book your camp site:
- Impacts of cyclone Yasi
This forest was recently affected by cyclone Yasi. To find out more about cyclone impacts on the forest and its ongoing recovery, see cyclone Yasi.
Facilities and activities
Broadwater fig, Broadwater, Abergowrie State Forest. Photo:NPRSR
The Warrgamaygan Aboriginal people are the Traditional Owners of this area. They hope you will enjoy and respect this sacred place.
47 kilometres north-west of Ingham
In the scenic Herbert River Valley, Abergowrie State Forest contains tropical rainforest, open eucalypt forest and exotic pine plantations adjacent to the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
- Girringun National Park and surrounds map
- Broadwater camping area map
- Townsville Region national parks, conservation parks and State forests visitor guide
- Wet Tropics Management Authority
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader