Broadwater, Abergowrie State Forest
- Changes to camping bookings
On-site self-registration is no longer available. Campers must obtain an e-camping permit and pay their camping fees before arriving at the camping area. Book your camp site:
Facilities and activities
Broadwater fig, Broadwater, Abergowrie State Forest. Photo:NPRSR
The Warrgamaygan Aboriginal people are the Traditional Owners of this area. They hope you will enjoy and respect this sacred place.
47 kilometres north-west of Ingham
In the scenic Herbert River Valley, Abergowrie State Forest contains tropical rainforest, open eucalypt forest and exotic pine plantations adjacent to the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
- Girringun National Park and surrounds map
- Broadwater camping area map
- Townsville Region national parks, conservation parks and State forests visitor guide
- Wet Tropics Management Authority
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader