Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park
Limestone caves and historic smelters. Photo: Queensland Government.
- New infrastructure at the historic smelters site
- Come and enjoy our new walking tracks, shelters with interpretive signage and viewing platform at the historic smelters site. It's a great location to watch the sun set.
Facilities and activities
About 215 km, or 3 hrs drive, west of Cairns in North Queensland
Featuring spectacular limestone caves, small galleries of Aboriginal rock art, jagged limestone outcrops and an historically significant mining site, this park is rich in natural and cultural heritage.
- Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park map
- Chillagoe Smelters restricted access area
- More information on the heritage of Chillagoe Smelters
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader