Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park
Limestone caves and historic smelters. Photo: Queensland Government.
- Ranger-guided cave tour tickets
- From 1 November 2014, tickets for ranger-guided cave tours will be sold by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service staff based at The Hub in the Chillagoe township. Please phone (07) 4094 7111 or drop into The Hub to obtain your ranger-guided cave tour tickets.
Facilities and activities
About 215km, or 3hrs drive, west of Cairns in North Queensland
Featuring spectacular limestone caves, small galleries of Aboriginal rock art, jagged limestone outcrops and an historically significant mining site, this park is rich in natural and cultural heritage.
- Chillagoe-Mungana Caves National Park map
- Chillagoe Smelters restricted access area
- More information on the heritage of Chillagoe Smelters
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader