Cooloola Recreation Area, Great Sandy National Park
Cooloola Recreation Area—staggering views of long sweeping landscapes. Photo: Robert Ashdown, Queensland Government
- Conditions report
Critical information for your safety is included in the conditions report—check it before you visit.
Facilities and activities
Traditional Owners have a long and ongoing relationship with the area that falls under Queensland’s national parks and forests. In order to acknowledge the important connection with Indigenous people, the Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) urges visitors to treat the country through which they walk with respect and care.
North of Brisbane, between Noosa Heads (about 155 km) and Rainbow Beach (about 240 km).
- Read more about getting there and getting around
Cooloola offers something for all visitors. Four-wheel drive past towering coastal sand cliffs and coloured sands, fish straight from the ocean, canoe on tranquil waterways, hike through rainforest remnants and across vast sandblows and camp among blooming wildflowers.
- Camping information
- Vehicle access permit information
- Cooloola Recreation Area map
- Cooloola Recreation Area visitor guide
- Group activity permit information
- Teachers' and group leaders' package
- Great Sandy Region Management Plan
- Fire management brochure
- Driving on sand safety guide
- Safety video clips
- Species lists