Crater Lakes National Park
Crater Lakes National Park, Queensland, comprises of Lake Barrine and Lake Eacham. Photo: Tourism Queensland.
Facilities and activities
The Traditional Owners of Crater Lakes National Park welcome you to their country and ask that you respect their special place.
Lake Barrine is about 60 km or just over 1 hour's drive up the Gillies Range from Cairns. The turn-off to Lake Eacham is a further 8 km along the Gillies Range.
Crater Lakes National Park comprises of two separate sections—Lake Barrine and Lake Eacham. Both sections protect clear, blue crater lakes surrounded by cool rainforest. At Lake Barrine a walking track, giant bull kauri pine trees and privately-owned teahouse and boat cruises make it a popular stop for visitors. Lake Eacham, a favourite of locals and visitors alike, offers swimming, birdwatching, picnic areas and shady walking tracks.
- Tablelands parks and forests (north) map
- Tablelands Region visitor guide: Parks and forests of the Atherton and Evelyn tablelands.
- Lake Eacham connect with nature autumn program
- Lake Eacham connect with nature winter program
- Wet Tropics Managment Authority
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader