Danbulla National Park and State Forest
- Temporary closure of Mount Edith road, Danbulla National Park and State Forest
- Temporary closure of Danbulla Road, Danbulla National Park and State Forest
- Temporary closure - Platypus day use area and camping area and Downfall Creek camping area, Danbulla State Forest.
- Temporary capacity reduction: Downfall Creek camping area, Danbulla State Forest.
Facilities and activities
Purple swamphen. Photo: NPRSR.
The Tableland Yidinji and Dulguburra Yidinji Aboriginal people welcome you to Danbulla and ask that you respect their special place.
On the Atherton Tableland about 1.5 hrs drive from Cairns
Crater lakes, huge strangler figs, rainforest walks, lakeside camping areas and places of important local history are some of the interesting features along the 28 km Danbulla Road.
- Danbulla National Park and State Forest locality and road maps
- Curri Curri bush camping map
- Downfall Creek camping area map
- Fong-On Bay camping area map
- Kauri Creek camping area map
- Platypus camping area map
- School Point camping area map
- Tablelands Region visitor guide. Parks and forests of the Atherton and Evelyn tablelands
- Wet Tropics Management Authority
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader