Danbulla National Park and State Forest
- Impacts of cyclone Yasi
This park and forest was recently affected by cyclone Yasi. To find out more about cyclone impacts on the park and forest, and its ongoing recovery, see cyclone Yasi.
Facilities and activities
Purple swamphen. Photo: NPRSR.
The Tableland Yidinji and Dulguburra Yidinji Aboriginal people welcome you to Danbulla and ask that you respect their special place.
On the Atherton Tableland about 1.5 hrs drive from Cairns
Crater lakes, huge strangler figs, rainforest walks, lakeside camping areas and places of important local history are some of the interesting features along the 28 km Danbulla Road.
- Danbulla National Park and State Forest locality and road maps
- Curri Curri bush camping map
- Downfall Creek camping area map
- Fong-On Bay camping area map
- Kauri Creek camping area map
- Platypus camping area map
- School Point camping area map
- Tablelands Region visitor guide. Parks and forests of the Atherton and Evelyn tablelands
- Wet Tropics Management Authority
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader