Family Islands National Park
Dunk Island, Family Group National Park, North Queensland. Photo: Tourism Queensland.
Facilities and activities
The Traditional Owners, the Bandjin and Djiru Aboriginal people, welcome you to their country and ask that you help look after this special place.
About 130km south-east of Cairns, within the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
A chain of scenic continental islands, close to the Wet Tropics coast near Mission Beach. Clad in lush rainforest and woodlands and surrounded by coral reefs, tidal flats and sandy beaches, the islands were home to the original ‘beachcomber’, E.J. Banfield.
- Family Islands National Park map
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park zoning information and maps
- Tropical Coast National Parks Journey Guide
- Be pest-free! brochure
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority motorised water sports information
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority planning area maps
- Hinchinbrook Plan of Management
- Purtaboi Island restricted access area notice
- Family Islands National Park Management Plan
- Dunk Island website
- Species lists