Family Islands National Park
Dunk Island, Family Group National Park, North Queensland. Photo: Tourism Queensland.
- Impacts of Cyclone Yasi
This park was recently affected by Cyclone Yasi. To find out more about cyclone impacts on the park and its ongoing recovery, see Cyclone Yasi.
The Traditional Owners, the Bandjin and Djiru Aboriginal people, welcome you to their sea country and ask that you help look after this special place.
About 130 km south-east of Cairns, within the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area.
A chain of scenic continental islands, close to the Wet Tropics coast near Mission Beach. Clad in lush rainforest and woodlands and surrounded by coral reefs, tidal flats and sandy beaches, the islands were home to the original ‘beachcomber’, E.J. Banfield.
- Family Islands National Park map
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park zoning information and maps
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority motorised water sports information
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority motorised water sports maps
- Purtaboi Island restricted access area notice
- Wet tropics coast Cardwell to Cairns national parks visitor guide
- Family Islands National Park Management Plan
- Species lists
- Barnard Island Group National Park
- Brook Islands National Park
- Clump Mountain National Park
- Djiru National Park
- Goold Island National Park
- Hinchinbrook Island National Park
- Thorsborne Trail, Hinchinbrook Island National Park
* Requires Adobe Reader