Frankland Group National Park
View to East Russell Island, Frankland Group National Park, North Queensland. Photo: Queensland Government.
Facilities and activities
Welcome to the Frankland Group National Park, traditional sea country of the Mandingalby Yindinji and Gungandji Aboriginal peoples.
About 10 km offshore, 45 km south-east of Cairns
Surrounded by extensive fringing reefs, these five continental islands feature rocky outcrops, dense rainforest, mangroves and coastal vegetation, making them a haven for a variety of wildlife.
- Frankland Group National Park map
- Russell Island Camping Area Map
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park zoning information and maps
- Public moorings and anchoring
- Fishing bag and size limits
- Wet tropics coast Cardwell to Cairns national parks visitor guide
- Cairns Area Plan of Management
- Frankland Group National Park Management Plan
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader