Fraser Island Great Walk
Walk through some of Fraser Island's best scenery on all or parts of the 90 km Fraser Island Great Walk. Photo: NPRSR
- Conditions report
- Purchase a topographic map
Topographic map brochures contain vital orientation information and are essential for your safety. They can be purchased from a number of Great Walks topographic map sales outlets.
Facilities and activities
Approximately 300 km north of Brisbane
Explore the world's largest sand island on foot and discover ever-changing landscapes, stunning scenery and fascinating natural and cultural heritage.
Everyone can enjoy the Fraser Island Great Walk. While the entire 90 km Great Walk takes 6–8 days to complete, short easy walks are also available. These range from easy strolls to half-day and full-day adventures.
- Fraser Island map
- Dingo safety video (wmv 4 MB)
- Fraser Island, Great Sandy National Park
- Fraser Island visitor guide
- Fraser Island Great Walk topographic map (trip planner only)
- The dingoes of Fraser Island brochure
- Safety video clips
- Survive your Drive on Fraser Island brochure
- Warning marine stingers brochure
- Teachers and group leaders package
- Fire management brochure
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader
† Requires an appropriate media player