Wet Tropics Great Walk
- Changes to camping bookings
On-site self-registration is no longer available. Campers must obtain an e-camping permit and pay their camping fees before arriving at the camping area. Book your camp site:
Facilities and activities
A view of the Herbert River Gorge. Photo: Queensland Government.
Discover spectacular waterfalls, plunging gorges and inspirational views as you tackle overnight camping experiences in the Wallaman Falls Section. Experienced walkers can take a wilderness hike through the Herbert River Gorge via the Juwun or Jambal walks.
- Wet Tropics Great Walk locality map
- Juwun and Jambal walks, Wet Tropics Great Walk
- Wallaman Falls Section, Wet Tropics Great Walk
- Townsville Region national parks, regional parks and State forests visitor guide
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader