Lake Eacham, Crater Lakes National Park
Lake Eacham, Queensland. Photo: Tourism Queensland.
- Myrtle rust found
Myrtle rust—a fungal disease affecting many native plants—has been found at Lake Eacham. The disease poses a significant threat to the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area. Learn more about myrtle rust and how to minimise its spread.
Facilities and activities
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Lake Eacham welcome you to their country and ask that you respect their special place.
About 68km or just over one hour’s drive up the Gillies Range from Cairns.
- Read more about Getting there and getting around.
A clear, blue lake surrounded by cool rainforest, Lake Eacham offers swimming, birdwatching, canoeing, picnic areas and shady walking tracks, making it a popular recreation area with locals and visitors.
- Tablelands parks and forests (north) map
- Tablelands Region visitor guide: Parks and forests of the Atherton and Evelyn tablelands
- Lake Eacham connect with nature autumn program
- Lake Eacham connect with nature winter program
- Wet Tropics Management Authority
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader