Lizard Island National Park
Lizard Island National Park. Photo: Tourism Queensland.
Facilities and activities
The Traditional Owners—the Dingaal Aboriginal people—welcome you to their country. The islands have great cultural importance for the Dingaal and they ask that you respect their special place.
250 km north-east of Cairns
This group of six high islands lies midway between the coast and the outer barrier reef. Surrounded by coral reefs, the islands are fringed by mangroves and sandy beaches, and cloaked in grasslands, woodlands and wind-sheared heaths.
- Lizard Island National Park map
- Cape York Peninsula parks and reserves visitor guide
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park zoning
- Cairns Area Plan of Management
- Sensitive locations in the Cairns Planning Area
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader