Magnetic Island National Park
Facilities and activities
Arthur Bay, Magnetic Island. Photo courtesy of Tourism Queensland.
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners, the Wulgurukaba, or the ‘canoe people’, welcome you to Yunbenun (Magnetic Island).
About 8 km north-east of Townsville, within the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
Rocky granite headlands and towering hoop pines stand sentinel over tranquil sandy bays on this rugged, mountainous island covered with open eucalypt woodlands and surrounded by coral reefs.
- Magnetic Island National Park walking track map
- Townsville Region national parks, regional parks and State forests visitor guide
- Great Barrier Reef zoning information and maps
- Public moorings and anchoring
- Vehicles prohibited on tidal lands
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader