Moreton Island National Park and Recreation Area
- Changes to vehicle access to Moreton Island's beaches
From Friday 4 May, the beach areas previously closed to vehicle access at North Point and in front of Comboyuro Point campground will be open to vehicles—a speed limit of 20 km/hr applies. Refer to the map for speed limit zones and areas closed to vehicle access.
Always supervise children carefully on beaches, especially when shared with vehicles.
Sand driving can be difficult and dangerous. Take care, keep below the speed limit and remember ALL road rules apply.
Facilities and activities
The Quandamooka community welcome you to Moreton Island.
Moreton Island is 40 km by ferry from Brisbane.
Tall sand dunes, miles of sandy beaches, crystal clear creeks and lagoons, coastal heath, rocky headlands and abundant wildflowers make Moreton Island a jewel in Moreton Bay.
- Moreton Island fire crews praised for efforts
- Moreton Island National Park map
- Moreton Bay Marine Park map
- Moreton Island camping areas locality map
- Moreton Island campgrounds map
- Moreton Island National Park and Recreation Area visitor guide (PDF for printing)
- Moreton Island National Park, Cape Moreton Conservation Park and Moreton Island Recreation Area Management Plan
- Coastal sand masses of southern Queensland (Moreton Island)
- Driving on sand
- Boat strike impact on turtle and dugong in Moreton Bay
- Shorebirds in Moreton Bay
- Shorebird management strategy
- Safety video clips
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader