Mount Spec, Paluma Range National Park
- Changes to camping bookings
On-site self-registration is no longer available. Campers must obtain an e-camping permit and pay their camping fees before arriving at the camping area. Book your camp site:
- online using the ParksQ system
- at an over-the-counter booking office or self-service kiosk
- by telephoning 13 QGOV (13 74 68). Mobile phone charges may apply.
Facilities and activities
Little Crystal Creek Bridge, Paluma Range National Park, Queensland. Photo Peter Lik, courtesy of Tourism Queensland.
The Traditional Owners of Paluma Range National Park are the Nywaigi Aboriginal people. They welcome you to their country and ask that you respect and enjoy this place. The traditional name for the Paluma Range is Munan Gumburu, which means ‘misty mountain’, an apt description as morning mists are common.
71 km north of Townsville and 46 km south of Ingham
Rising high above the coastal plains, cloaked in tropical rainforest and dissected by numerous streams, Mount Spec is the southernmost national park section in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
- Mount Spec map
- Paluma Range National Park locality map
- Big Crystal Creek camping area map
- Townsville Region national parks, regional parks and State forests visitor guide
- Wet Tropics Management Authority
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader