Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (CYPAL)
Termite mounds of the Nifold Plain. Photo: Adam Creed, Queensland Government.
- Camping bookings
All camping in this park must be booked prior to arrival. To find out more about purchasing an e-permit, see camping information.
Facilities and activities
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners—the Lama Lama and Kuku Thaypan peoples, the Bagaarrmugu, Mbarimakarranma, Muunydyiwarra, Magarrmagarrwarra, Balnggarrwarra and Gunduurwarra clans and related families—welcome you to their country. They ask that you respect their special place.
340km north-west of Cairns, on Cape York Peninsula.
- Read about getting there and getting around.
Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (Cape York Peninsula Aboriginal Land) (CYPAL) has a rich and diverse landscape. In the north grasslands and woodlands, wetlands, coastal estuaries, mangroves and mudflats are prominent. In the south, sandstone hills and escarpments dominate the landscape.
- Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (CYPAL) map
- Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (CYPAL) northern camping areas map
- Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (CYPAL) central camping areas map
- Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park (CYPAL) southern camping areas map
- Cape York Peninsula parks and reserves visitor guide
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park zoning information and maps
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader