Wongabel State Forest
Wongabel State Forest. Photos: NPRSR and Tamara Vallance, NPRSR.
The Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Wongabel State Forest welcome you and ask that you respect and take care while visiting their country.
8 km south of Atherton on the Kennedy Highway
Two walking tracks, catering for the visually impaired, wind through a remnant of an endangered type of forest, known as mabi forest.
- Tablelands parks and forests (south) map
- Tablelands Region visitor guide. Parks and forests of the Atherton and Evelyn tablelands
- Forestry Plantations Queensland Pty Ltd
- Species lists
- Hallorans Hill Conservation Park
- Hasties Swamp National Park
- Herberton Range State Forest
- Herberton Range Conservation Park
* Requires Adobe Reader