Palmerston (Doongan), Wooroonooran National Park
Palmerston, Wooroonooran National Park. Photos: Queensland Government; Greg Watson; Queensland Government; WTMA; Stella Martin, Queensland Government.
- Camping bookings
All camping in this park must be booked prior to arrival. To find out more about purchasing an e-permit, see camping information.
Facilities and activities
115km south-west of Cairns.
- Read more about getting there and getting around.
Palmerston, renowned for lush rainforest, scenic views, steep gorges and cascading waterfalls, offers opportunities for picnicking, camping and buskwalking in the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area.
- Palmerston (Doongan) map
- Henrietta Creek camping area map
- South Johnstone camping area map
- Wooroonooran National Park map
- Wet tropics coast Cardwell to Cairns national parks visitor guide
- Species lists
* Requires Adobe Reader